Monday, October 22, 2012

My Testimony




This is my first blog post, I would just like to give a brief overview of how I came to Christ, and everything that's happened since. My name is Audury, I am a nineteen year old college student, single mother, and a follower of my Savior Jesus Christ.

People make mistakes. Though my mother did not raise me in a Christian home, I had always had Christian influences from my Granny Addie Mae. My cousins and I would go to church with her on Wednesdays and Sundays. Every summer we would go to the church camp in town. I had heard about Jesus, but I never knew Him. I prayed to God every night, mostly as a routine. 


Summer before Senior Year.
I was still heartbroken that my first boyfriend had broken up with me. Though the relationship had ended 7 months before I was still in love with him, well at least what I thought love was. My seventeenth birthday was on June 4th, and I didn't get a birthday text from him. I was feeling sorry for myself and was seeking comfort in anything and anyone. I spent many weekends since the breakup getting drunk, trying to find anything to ease the pain I was feeling. June 11, 2010 my best guy friend growing up asked me to come over. Knowing it was a bad idea I went anyway, thinking he'll take my mind off my ex, plus I won't do anything. It wasn't like me to just "hook up" with people like that. 

The week after I had sex with my best guy friend, I felt horrible. I was leaving to go to a church camp in Tennessee for a week and I just had a huge guilty feeling about it. No matter what I did, I said my prayers at night asking God to forgive me for the things I had done that day. Knowing they were wrong I tried to ignore the bad feeling in my stomach. I was going to the church camp with my best friend. We had a great week there. I finally worshipped for the first time in my life and we even rededicated ourselves to purity. I was so excited to start living right, and be closer to God. A week later I found out I was pregnant. 

I was so angry at God. I wanted to scream. Had He not seen what I did? How I had changed? If anything I've learned that every choice we make has a consequence. We think we can fall into sin, and maybe just do it one more time and then ask for forgiveness real quick and be forgiven. But God doesn't work that way. I was one decision short of living out a normal senior year. But instead I entered high school getting stares and losing friends everyday. I didn't see the bigger picture then. I was angry the entire time I was pregnant. I wouldn't talk about it, I wouldn't let anyone touch me, or act like it was a happy thing. I was embarrassed, and I was alone.

February 15, 2011
My beautiful Maelynn Kay was born. I thought maybe that day it would hit me. Like the wait was over, I could finally be happy. But the reality sunk in. Don't get me wrong I loved her with all my heart, but I was still so very angry at God and the situation I found myself in. Because of the circumstances at the time, I was living with my Granny Addie Mae. So there I was seventeen, single mom, living with my Granny not knowing how to deal with my new life. I would think God where are You in all of this? 

July 2011
I had just graduated high school and I was working full time at a local gas station. I was still praying every night as my routine but I never expected anything to come from them. The annual church camp that I had gone to every year was going on. I went to every service I could. One night the evangelist was doing an alter call, and said he felt that God was calling someone to come to the alter that was having a hard time, that had a huge weight on them, that maybe a single parent that was trying to do things on their own  needed to come down and just surrender everything to God, and let Him lead their life. Needless to say, I couldn't run fast enough down to that alter. I cried and cried. I was tired of being angry at God, I was tired of being angry at my daughter's dad for not being around, I was tired of building everything up inside and lashing out at anyone that got close enough. I went down to the alter and a swarm of people that had known me my entire life put their hands on me and cried with me. The weight was lifted from me that night, and God has changed me ever since.

October 22, 2012
It's now I see that God's plan was much greater than mine. I have an amazing little girl who brings a smile to my face everyday. Yes I am a single mother. Yes I am only nineteen. It's hard, but I am not alone. My Savior has helped me every step of the way. He showed me that my life is for a purpose, that Maelynn's life is for a purpose. He has made amazing things happen for me. I cannot express the amount of blessings He gives me daily. It took for me to hit rock bottom for God to really show me that there is only one reason to be living, and its for Him. He has opened many doors for me and my daughter, and has given me a testimony that I plan to share with anyone willing to listen. 


"In this world you will have trials and tribulations, but take heart for I have overcome the world" 
-John 16:33





5 comments:

  1. God bless you and sweet Maelynn, and know that we are praying for your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! We all have things in our lives that God chooses to use to teach us to fall into His arms and allow Him to carry us. No matter how seemingly impossible to live through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful and honest testimony! I'm looking forward to seeing what else you post on this blog. God's love and forgiveness is so amazing, and you are truly an example of that. :) God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this! God's power is real and moving and your testimony is an example of that. Remain strong in Him, as you are! This is a beautiful story that honors God; I know He has taken great delight in your surrender to Him and His pursuit for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Audrey, I am so proud of you and everything you have overcome. You could have choosen a different direction but God was guiding you all the way.. You dedication to our lord ans savior Jesus Christ is an inspiration to all who love you .. Continue to trust the Lord in all you do.. Remember we love you very much!
    Krissy

    ReplyDelete